BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 2 September 2009

new beginnings!

Hello there!

I am new to this whole blogging malarkey (new to the computer scene in general to be honest) so please bare with me. I am sitting here arguing with my daughter about how to do this.(She thinks she knows everything, kids eh?) She did, however, introuduce me to this blogging thing because the support she receives on her own blog is amazing and right now I need that! (She's moving out this week... booooo!)

Here's my story so far....
I am a 48 year old woman trying to lose weight and finding it very hard to do and bring a family up at the same time. When I was really young I was actually underweight and I guess I liked it, then when i was 10 and a half years old I lost my dad and things started to change, My mam had to go to work full time and that meant I was left on my own quite a lot apart from when my brother was there but we were just too different and never really connected. That's how it has been ever since. The combination of losing my dad and my mam working all the time and the shitty relationship with my brother, I felt alone, food became my friend. Now at 48 I've gained alot of weight and am learning a lot, realising it is NOT TOO LATE TOO LOSE WEIGHT.

But i am trying my hardest to plod on, and if it was not for my daughter Simone giving me all her support and pushing me on I would have given up. What am i going to do now Simone is back off to Manchester this week??? OH MY GOD! Sorry went off the road a little there.

I was talking about gaining weight in my teen years, My mam tried hardest to keep me on the straight and narrow but I just could not resist going to the FISH SHOP on the sly as I thought she wouldn't find out. I would go home and she would say where have you been and i would say around my friends then she would say 'i know you were at the FISH SHOP and I said what do you mean, someone told me you were at the FISH SHOP' I was caught out yet again! When I look at myself now I am reminded of those times. I didn't like myself then but I am makin an effort to do something about it. I have never liked anything about my self but things are going to change for the better.

Starting with losing weight and writing this blog.

12 comments:

wildfluffysheep said...

Welcome Mamma bear!

Goodluck! Love you lots
x x

p.s I know alot :D

Anonymous said...

Welcome to weight loss blogging :) You'll find a lot of our age women are out here doing the very same thing.

M said...

Welcome :) Congrats to making the decision to become a healthier you! Your daughter is doing an amazing job and is an inspiration to the weight loss blogging community so itll be nice to see what her mamma brings as well :)

Katie J ♥ said...

Welcome Violet! How do you do? Like Simone has told you and you have seen, there is a LOT of support in the blogosphere and there are plenty of us "older gals" who are doing it and winning the fight! (I am 43) We are here to root you on and supoort you in your efforts! It is not an easy task but with the people here it makes the road a less rocky.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

P.S. Daughters DO know it ALL!

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

welcome to the blog world! Glad you are here!

arielcircleofnine said...

mamma bear, so good to see you!!

big_mummy said...

cheerleader checking in.

:)

Sarah

jo said...

Hi there. =)

I think your daughter is absolutely wonderful! Good job, mom.

I dread the day my son moves out...how do you handle it?

Welcome to the blog world. It's a great community.

Fat[free]Me said...

Welcome to the world of weight loss blogging. It is the only thing that has ever done it for me after a long, long time of being overweight.

My nest is empty now too :(

Good luck with the weight loss - you can do it!

Brightcetera said...

Welcome to Blogland!

Debby said...

I'm 50 and I'm doin it!

NOW you've got me wanting fish & chips from a lovely little shop I love in Leeds! I'm salivating!

Bob West said...

Good news here ...
You are inspirational
http://bob-west.blogspot.com/2010/02/its-results-that-count.html